Do I need a Passport?
Yes, you’ll need a valid passport.
If you’re not from the USA, see Visa’s page for your country’s requirements.
It’s simple and fast. Need it in a hurry? See below for expedited service.
For U.S. residents applying for a passport for the first time, please see this “First Time Applicants”
1. You’ll need to fill out form DS-11 (Find copies at the link above) Complete by hand print it or do it Online
2. Submit the form in person at an authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency.
3. Submit evidence of U.S. Citizenship
4. Present Identification
- Previously-issued, undamaged U.S. passport
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Fully-valid Driver’s License
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents)
Processing Times for U.S. Passports
ROUTINE SERVICE As of 06/15, processing routine applications, approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application.
EXPEDITED SERVICE As of 06/15, expedited service is within 8 business days from the time the application is received. You’ll receive your passport or denial letter within 3 weeks.
Already Applied for a Passport?
Check the status of your applicationby going HERE
It takes approximately 5-7 days for applications to be tracked online. It may take less time if you paid for Expedited Service and sent your application via overnight delivery.
If you need your passport faster, they offer expedited service for an additional $60.